The Computer is the Bagge family's desktop computer residing in the attic, which Courage regularly uses to solve problems or gain information. It is an artificial intelligence that has had a large number of appearances, varying from a faithful ally (most episodes) to the main antagonist ("Mega Muriel the Magnificent.") It speaks with a British accent.
Armed with wit and a full hard drive of knowledge, it is a box of sarcasm and pride. The computer believes that lack of emotion makes machines superior to humans and finds them cowardly. However, after it experiences being in a human body, it is shown to be capable of fear despite its denial of it. When consulted with Courage's problems, it often refers to him as a "twit" and includes plenty of cynicism in its explanations.
- The Shadow of Courage
- Dr. Le Quack, Amnesia Specialist
- The Demon in the Mattress
- Night of the Weremole
- The Clutching Foot
- Everyone Wants To Direct
- Journey to the Center of Nowhere
- Little Muriel
- Courage Meets the Mummy
- Mission to the Sun
- Mega Muriel the Magnificent
- The Transplant
- McPhearson Phantom
- Record Deal
- Hard Drive Courage
- The Quilt Club
- Windmill Vandals
- Muriel Blows Up
- Bride of Swamp Monster
- The Fog of Courage
- Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
- "If Johnny has three apples, and Davy has two apples, why can't they just shut up and eat?"
- "YUCH! PTOOIE! Nasty!"
- "Now it's time to show you how it's all done."
- "You call being chased by a lunatic snowman scary? You twit."
- "Oh yeah? Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
- "Luckily for us, it's just a story."
- "Hey... push that button again!"
- "Work up a good drool, baby!"
- "Just don't let yourself get bitten."
- "If your mummy is visiting, bring her flowers, you twit."
- Computer appears in every single season of the show. He also appears in The Fog of Courage, the 2014 CGI special.
- Throughout the series, Computer's monitor varies, although it could be unintentional.
- In the episode "Little Muriel," Computer mentions that he likes Sri Lankan Chicken Tandoori.
- The Computer is replaced with a chalkboard in Perfect, as well as a spaceship in Mission to the Sun.
- As stated in an interview between John R. Dilworth and RebelTaxi, Computer was based off of HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- With the British accent, he shares a few similarities with Sara from Cartoon Network's programming block Toonami, who is also an artificial intelligence. However, Sara debuted a year after Computer did (but her voice was heard in the opening to Toonami saying "hello" ever since TOM 1's debut) and Sara is much friendlier than Computer.
- Computer is also similar to the DC Comics supervillain Brainiac, mainly the DCAU version, as both are sentient artificial intelligences with disdain for their masters.
- His Japanese voice actor is Masayuki Nakada (中田雅之) who also did the voices of Katz, the Lieutenant, and Freaky Fred, among others.
- In the Japanese dub, his catchphrase "You twit" has been translated to "アホですね" (Aho desu ne), which is a pun on "そうですね" (Sou desu ne, meaning "That's right") and can be translated as "That's idiotic."
- A popular fan nickname for Computer is "Simon," which is because of his voice actor being Simon Prebble.
- "Mega Muriel the Magnificent" reveals he is a fan of classical music.