While helping with the laundry, Courage answers a knock at the door to greet Professor Frith, who discovered a Mayan pyramid on his own. While there, he accidentally awakened (in a rather humorous manner; to be more specific: he used a Rube Goldberg contraption and set off a disco ball and house music) and was attacked by the mummy of a long dead Mayan Baker. The mummy was the baker for a Mayan princess who loved cookies. The Poohbah, a royal adviser of the princess, would occasionally take the cookies to the princess, but would take some for his own greed. The baker catches the Poohbah and is about to tell the princess, but the adviser got to her first. When asked, the Poohbah told the princess that the Royal Baker was the one at fault. The princess ordered that the Royal Baker would have his "mouth sewn shut, his eyebrows plucked, and his body mummified." After the professor finishes his tale, Courage goes to the Computer for help. It surmises that Muriel and Eustace were the princess and Pooh-bah in past lives, and the solution to warding off the mummy would be hypnotizing them into thinking that they were the Mayan Princess and the Pooh-bah.
The Baker flies to Nowhere in a plane, where the Parachute Lady drives him crazy with random chatter, and he steals her parachute and jumps off the plane. He is then seen just outside of Nowhere, hitching a ride with Di Lung to get to the Bagge Farmhouse.
When the mummy came, Eustace told a lie to the princess that it was the Royal Baker's fault that the cookies were gone. Putting a sign on the mummy's back, saying that he did it, the Mayan Princess/Muriel orders the same thing that had happened to the Mummy many years ago. Thinking quickly before the Mummy could kill the Mayan Princess/Muriel, Courage asks Eustace for something to eat for some money. In agreement, the Poohbah starts digging in his clothing. Courage moves him, so everybody could see the cookies that the Poohbah had stealing it. The princess demands that his mouth be sewn shut, his eyebrows plucked, and rest of his body mummified as punishment. Just as the mummy picks Muriel up, she apologizes and exonerates him, so he goes back to his pyramid, and the others sit down for some cookies. Professor Frith wakes up, having fallen asleep, and asks what happened to the Mummy. After explaining what had happened, Muriel tells them that she gave the Mummy a new sheet. Eustace asks which one, and Muriel explains the polka-dotted one. Being that it's his favorite sheet, Eustace rushes from the house, and in the next scene of the Mummy's Mesoamerican pyramid, we see the Mummy sleeping inside the polka-dotted sheet, and Eustace tied up in the old bandages shouting at him to return his sheet.
- The "Come on, baby, give me life!" song has become a popular Internet meme.
- In addition, the song sounds like "Keep on Jumpin'" by Todd Terry, Martha Wash and Jocelyn Brown.
- First episode to premiere in 2001.
- The fictional Meso-American pyramid in this episode is based on El Castillo in Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico.
- The Mayan Baker is presumably mummified alive, given that he returns as a vengeful undead.
- Goof: After hearing the story about the baker the colors of Muriel's dress and apron are switched.
- Although this episode premiered in the United States on January 19, 2001, it was actually produced in 2000 according to the credits.
- This episode was finished in September of 2000.