Fred is Eustace and Muriel's nephew who visits and first appears in the episode Freaky Fred. He is one of the most memorable antagonists on the show. Though Muriel seems quite fond of him, Courage is terrified of him, and Eustace despises him, often calling him "Freak" and refers to him as "A freaky barber, with his own freaky barber shop, where freaky things happen, freaky barber things."
Fred wears an olive suit with a purple necktie and always carries a briefcase, which holds his precious electric shaver. He has blonde hair, blonde eyebrows, green eyes, and a wide, freaky smile.
Fred's dominant trait is his Trichotemnomania; an obsession with cutting/shaving people's hair to the point where they are completely bald. He appears to be able to control his disorder to a certain degree, as he is a barber, but he can't help himself when the opportunity is too great.
Despite this, Fred is generally a very polite and intelligent man. He never raises his voice and is usually seen smiling. He speaks in a well mannered and eerie tone with an English accent. He is quite fond of his Aunt Muriel, keeping a framed photo of her in his briefcase and referring to her as his "dear Aunt". He appears to like Eustace as well, even though the latter despises him. Courage becomes his shaving victim, but he's never very rough with him aside from stuffing his mouth with pancakes at one point.
Toward Alex, as well as a culmination of other young girls, he is very sympathetic, and understanding. often listening to their problems, intently. he also speaks to them in a low, register and compliments them quite frequently. while young girls visit his house, (before he was institutionalized) he would often allow them to do whatever they pleased, would have someone make romantic dinner for the two of them, and talk with them, about their day, often complimenting them on how inspiring, and influential they are. However, he is just grooming them, and readying them for an experience they will not enjoy. Later on, he would force them into his bathroom, and shave them.
Towards a young girl's parents, he is often well-mannered, polite, and entertaining. However, is only trying to earn their trust, so as to do as he pleases with these young girls.
Fred reminisces in rhyme, speaking three rhymed sentence and ending the fourth with 'naughty.'
HistoryFred first realized his compulsion when he was given a hamster as a pet, and cut all its fur off. Later in his life, he fell in love with a girl named Barbara who had "a mane untamed." They held a steady relationship, until one night he shaved her head, causing her to break up with him. After that, he vowed to control his addiction. However, the arrival of a long-bearded man into his barber shop was an irresistible temptation for him, and he too was shaven. Fred was then committed at the Home for Freaky Barbers mental institution. During his vacation time, he chose to visit his aunt and her husband. During his stay, he was locked in the bathroom with Courage and slowly trimmed his hair until nothing but a patch of fur on his tail remained and a message that said, "With Love, Fred". The asylum police arrived and took him away, and Fred looked back with a freaky smile while saying his goodbyes through his thoughts. Fred was taken away in a white van and started to piece together his day with Courage, shaving his hair and fur.
Later, Fred makes a cameo on Ball of Revenge, when Courage turns on the TV after defeating his enemies on a dodgeball game. He holds his razor ready and says "Courage.." while doing his freaky smile, which makes Courage too scared and he screams which makes the house's roof jumps and crash down in the house.
- "You shouldn't play in the toilet."
- "The look upon my young love's face was sweet as lace... But in this case I realized she... needed space.
- "Hello new friend, my name is Fred the words you hear are in my head. I say, I said my name is Fred, and I've been... very naughty."
- "Courage... your hair...it reminds me of the first time I knew just how I felt about hair."
- "I never more was naughty...well... maybe not never."
- "With love, Fred"
- "Alex" "you are such a marvelous girl". "never as close as I am in your lonely heart".
- "My dear girl".
- "please visit again". "we'll discuss our relationship".
- "lovely girl".
- "I will see you soon".
- Fred had made a cameo appearance, but he is not important to the plot of Ball of Revenge.
- Fred was one of 17 villains who were not part of the Ball of Revenge. The others were Schwick, Velvet Vic, Mondo, Mattress Demon, Jeeves Weevil, Fishsionary, Evil Empress, Bluff, Big Bayou, King Ramses, Dr. Gerbil, Elisa and Eliza Stitch, Benton Tarantella, King of Flan, Errol Van Volkheim and Mad Dog.
- Fred's compulsions are similar to those of a serial killer. He started on small animals and moved on to people. He also shows personality traits of a psychopath.