|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
"McPhearson Phantom" is part two of the eleventh episode in Season Two of Courage the Cowardly Dog, written by David Steven Cohen. It aired November 2, 2001.
Eustace is suspiciously folded, blown up, and eaten by chickens, and thinks Muriel is the one responsible for these strange occurrences. Eustace calls Ma on the phone and tells her that Muriel is plotting something against him. Courage must figure out what is happening. Meanwhile, an evil black phantom with red eyes and a purple mouth is causing chaos, because she believes that Muriel's great-great-aunt threw her husband into the Loch Ness and the Loch Ness Monster ate him. The phantom is now seeking revenge on her by attempting to ruin her marriage. However, they discover that it was actually Ma's great-great-aunt. This causes the phantom to chase after Ma instead, concluding the episode.
- This episode uses some of the music from King Ramses' Curse.
- First and only appearance of the McPhearson Phantom.
- Returned appearance of the Computer.
- Great-Great Aunty Grazile and the Loch Ness Monster were mentioned and not seen.
- It makes no sense for the Phantom to suddenly abandon her goal to destroy Eustace and Muriel's marriage, when she realizes that Auntie Grazile was Ma's great-great aunt and not Muriel's. Eustace is Ma's son and still her de facto enemy.
- One of McPhearson's lines "I feel a disturbance in the force" is an allusion to George Lucas' Star Wars movies.