The Sand Whale Strikes is part two of the twelfth episode in Season two and twenty-fifth airing of Courage the Cowardly Dog. It is the fiftieth episode overall and first aired November 9, 2001, following "The House of Discontent".
To see this episode's plot, Click here (spoiler warning)
- Ickett Bagge (by reference)
- Muriel: Well I'm glad that all worked out.
- Eustace: But the whale got me Ma.
- Muriel (repeating herself): I'm glad that all worked out.
- Sand Whale: Ickett! Ickett Bagge!
"I just wonder one thing... what does a whale want with an accordion anyway?" — Muriel
- First appearances of the Sand Whale and Ickett Bagge.
- Returning appearance of Ma Bagge.
- After the Sand Whale chases the Bagge family throughout their house, he forces the trio to run up two flights of stairs. As the family is running up the staircase leading to the attic, a portrait of Courage is seen hanging on the nearby wall. (Pictured, to the right →)
- The episode is dedicated to Jim Dilworth, older brother of John R. Dilworth, who died of cancer on March 11, 2001 at the age of 42. The dedication is shown after the Sandwhale is seen flying into the camera following the episode's "The End" scene.
- This is one of a handful of episodes in the series where Ma Bagge is at least partially portrayed as one of the antagonists, or is at odds with Courage in some way or another. In this episode she calls him "stupid accordion giving dog" for attempting to resolve the conflict by returning the accordion to Sandwhale. Another episode in which Courage proves to be a hindrance to one of Ma's greedy schemes is "Scuba Scuba Doo."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.